Scissor-Cut Scenes

Hi!  Thanks for stopping by.  I'm going to share a little bit of my latest release at Inky Antics today.  These designs were inspired by Scherenschnitte, intricate paper cutting, where all of the design is connected.  So you could cut it out with scissors and it would all be one piece.  When I was creating these, I wondered if I was getting too detailed -- but the more I looked at actual Scherenschnitte that thought was completely put to rest!

I barely know where to begin - it is so much fun to try different looks and techniques with these intricate silhouette-type images.   I guess I'm just going to be posting a lot for several days ;) .


This main image is a scene with a neighborhood, an old downtown, and the farm country - kind of reminds me of where I live!  I embossed in white on kraft, and colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.   I just LOVE that combination.   With layers of Bazzill and framing it out with tissue tape, it has a warm homey feel.


Here's a better view of the embossing.
The tissue tape reminds me of old-time newspapers
which really suits this scene well. 


I also added glitter pen to the windows and the clouds. 

Here's a more monotone version:


Again on kraft, but stamped in a dark brown with white pencil,
white gel pen, and some glitter pen
Glitter tape and rhinestones dress it up a bit.

And it was fun to put the sentiment on top for a change.

Creative Director, Jackie Wamhoff, at Inky Antics,
knocked it out of the park with the font and sentiments
for this collection of stamp sets.

Here's a look at this set, Town & Country 11224MC:


Next time, we'll head out to the farm!


Thanks for visiting - I hope enjoyed today's cards and the new Scissor-Cut Scenes.   Be sure to stop by the Inky Antics site to see all of the new sets - these really pop out when you visit the store pages under Featured Artists > Nancy Baier . . . just click "next" to scroll through the pages: 


Stay safe, warm and healthy - see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I like to see what people do with stamps like these, I get overwhelmed by them. Your cards are just great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting ~ I'd love to hear from you!