Silhouette Styles

Hello again!  I was just reading in my last post that I said I'd be back "soon."  Oops ;) .  Sometimes life just throws us a curve and the unexpected messes with our optimistic scheduling . . . what can I say?!

But I'm back this evening with a couple of my favorite cards from my last release for Inky Antics.  We're going with a blue theme this time, for no particular reason.

First up, a card that took me a bit by surprise:


I absolutely LOVE how this came out.

To start with, the technique of emboss resist is always a 
winner in my book.  I used shimmery cardstock and watercolor.

Then I completely went to town with the gold leafing pen! 
When I had chosen the blues and the patterned paper, 
I knew I wanted a nice dark contrasting color to set it all off, 
so went with a chocolatey brown.

It has a bit of an Asian flair which I didn't see coming until
all of the elements were in place.
The rhinestones add just enough sparkle to keep it looking delicate,
and there are four brassy nailheads, one in each corner.

And here's another blue-hued creation with a seaside vibe:


The papers I chose have a distinct water's edge cottage feel to me.
I kept the image simple, blue on blue, and this
card is all about the layers.  

Once again, gold leafing pen, which really brightens this one up
along with the white matting. 

And one more . . . 


I colored the silhouette image with alcohol markers, 
adding Wink of Stella glitter pen.
There was quite a bit of blue in the image, mat and base,
so I warmed it up a bit with the patterned paper . . . 
and a little more gold leafing and washi tape.  

The image and sentiment are a deep green, 
so the green rhinestones were a perfect complement.

Think of edging with a leafing pen in gold, silver or copper, 
or even using the chisel tip of your marker when you 
need to add a color, shine, or the look of another layer!

I'm trying to get back to incorporating cardmaking into my regular routine, so I hope to post here more often.  Sometimes I manage to get cards into my Splitcoaststampers gallery a little more quickly, so feel free to stop by there, too:  SCS Gallery - Phantom

In the coming weeks, I'll be adding some other projects to this blog, so stay tuned!  

Thanks for visiting :) .

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting ~ I'd love to hear from you!